From this week Ford dealers will be able to offer the Ford Focus with the new award winning 1.0 EcoBoost engine. This small but performance impressive engine comes with a choice of a 100PS or a 125PS.
The 100PS version should return a frugal 4.8litre/100km (58.9 mpg) and emissions of 109g/km, 22g lower than current 1.6 offerings. The 125PS should return 5litre/100km (56.5mpg) and emissions of 114g/km and is the livelier of the two with a top speed of 193km/h (120mph)
EcoBoost isn’t just about saving on fuel bills, it’s a unique mixture of performance, refinement and economy,” said Eddie Murphy, Chairman and Managing Director, Ford Ireland. “In keeping with our brand DNA, we’ve delivered on economy without sacrificing drivability. This advanced engine should help keep the Ford Focus as the No. 1 selling car in Ireland, as it has been for most of the past 14 years.
Prices start at €21,485 for the 5 door entry level Focus and up to €24,635 for the Ford Focus Zetec with the 125 PS version. Later this year the EcoBoost engine will be available on the new B-MAX, C-MAX and Fiesta. Ford are hoping to replicate their success across Europe where sales of the EcoBoost accounted for almost a quarter of Focus sales in its first month.
Focus 1-litre EcoBoost Price Range:
- Ford Focus 1.0 100 PS Manual (5 speed) 5-door €21,485
- Ford Focus 1.0 100 PS Manual (5 speed) 4-door €21,885
- Ford Focus 1.0 100 PS Manual (5 speed) Wagon €22,585
- Ford Focus Edge 1.0 100 PS Manual (5 speed) 5-door €22,335
- Ford Focus Edge 1.0 100 PS Manual (5 speed) 4-door €22,735
- Ford Focus Edge 1.0 100 PS Manual (5 speed) Wagon €23,435
- Ford Focus Zetec 1.0 125 PS Manual (6 speed) 5-door €24,235
- Ford Focus Zetec 1.0 125 PS Manual (6 speed) 4-door €24,635
*All prices exclude delivery and related charges
By Simon Manley