The Irish Festival of Speed
- 29 May 2011
- No Comments
Did you know there is an Irish Festival of Speed? Well now you do, it’s in Adare Manor this August Bank holiday weekend (Sunday 31st July 2011)
The idea is the brainchild of a group of like-minded motorsport and motoring enthusiasts who wanted to bring a “Goodwood” style Festival of Speed to Ireland. In addition it will commemorate the rich racing heritage of the region, in particular the 75th anniversary of the 1936 Limerick Grand Prix.
Among the many and varied events, the feature event this year will be the Limerick Motor Club Sprint – a competition sprint of about 1.5kms on the IFS asphalt race track.
Sunday (31st July – Gates opens at 9.30)
- Sprints and Track Demonstrations
- Formula 1 Jordan Demonstration Laps
- F1 Webber Jaguar R5 Pitstop Challenge – proceeds to charity
- Competition Car Display Area
- Competition Motorcycle Display Area
- Supercar Paddock
- Star Cars
- Car Clubs Expo
- Motorcycle Clubs Expo
- Concourse d’Elegance
- Classic Car Sales Area
- Kids Zone & Junior Festival of Speed
- Scalextric Grand Prix
- Reserved Classic Car Park
- VIP Parking for Advance Ticket Holders
- Aviation Expo – Aerobatic Display, Helicopter Rides, Model Air Displays
- New! Russian Mig microlight Bi-Plane Exhibit
- New! Sky Diving – 4 drops by Sky Diving Ireland
- Food and Drink Expo – something for everyone!
- Antiques Alley
- Auto Jumble
- Trade Stands
- Gala Dinner in Manor
- Introducing ‘Motorsport Heritage Awards’
Here’s a few pictures to whet your apatite. The Next Gear team will be there on the day so if you see us say hi and get some pictures for the site here.
It’s about time we had something like this in Ireland, we can’t wait.