Here's the news!
- 02 September 2010
- No Comments
The BMW 5 series has become the top selling car in Ireland, yes the luxury diesel has beaten the odds and out sold the Yaris, Shane Teskey Director of www.motorcheck.ie said that “With 349 vehicles registered last month (all of them diesel) the 5 Series outsold the runner up (Toyota’s Yaris) by 151 units. The figure represents an impressive 10% of all diesel cars registered in Ireland in August and proves that luxury cars are still on the shopping list for Irish car buyers.”
Other interesting statistics for last month include:
- 5,315 New Cars were registered in August – up dramatically on last years August total of 2,347
- The Top Selling Make for August was Toyota with 687 registrations
- Over 51% of registrations were in Band B continuing the trend of eco-friendly motoring
- Over 68% of cars registered were Diesel models
- Black and Silver are still the most popular colours with 26% and 24% of registrations respectively
- The leading county for registrations was Dublin with 1,987 registrations (37%) with Leitrim recording just 26 (0.5%) new cars sold.
You can get all the stats from http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/stats/?y=2010&from=8&to=8&cat=1
The lid has been lifted on the DS4, the tall crossover type car will be shown at the Paris Motor show, if you’re not going to that here’s some pictures.